Friday, August 8, 2014

Starting Over with a 10k

I lasted 6 weeks with no races scheduled. It was a liberating limbo. My focus is still strength conditioning and nutritional experimentation. The ketogenic diet is manifesting and my core gets stronger every day. It was time to put a local 10k on the docket, giving me an excuse to push the pace on my infrequent runs.

Batwa Pygmy bracelet age group award

The Kellerman 10k is one of my favorite Gold Country Grand Prix events. The age group medals, made by the Batwa Pygmys in Uganda, make it impossible to use this race as a training run. Despite a serious lack of chops right now, I'll be toeing the line, chasing another Pygmy bracelet on Saturday August 16th! The course has changed, and I have no idea how much elevation it entails. It feels good to be flying by the seat of my pants. Been a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment