Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Stumble, Stumble, Crawl, Crawl

Training continues at a good clip; I'm shooting for 40 miles this week. If all goes according to plan, I will not dip below that volume until the week before Western States. I recognized last year that 40 miles a week made me feel strong but not too worn out. Using 40 as a rest/reset week feels right. The calf and IT niggles are returning. I am getting A.R.T. as needed to facilitate flexibility and keep injury at bay.

At least the running part is going well. The long MLK weekend resulted in a fall from the ketosis bandwagon. Twirly and I helped her parents move out of their home of 30 years. Of course, moving and beer go together like peas and carrots. Over the course of the three days, I consumed well over 100 grams of carbs per day. Beer was not the only culprit. My mother-in-law bakes some mean cookies. I lost count around seven.

That said, the progress was not completely derailed. I lost some body fat and managed to get back into nutritional ketosis by this morning's weigh-in:

January 21st, 2015, day 17:

  • Weight: 199.7 lbs
  • Body fat%: 19.24
  • Ketone level: 0.6 mm
Ironically, I am feeling just as motivated by this week's minimal progress as I was by last week's major losses. I know that if I implement my plan I will do great things this year.

This weekend will mark my return to the Marin Headlands. It has been months since my last run there. I'm excited to show David some of the Miwok 100k course. May seems like a long way away, but I know that summer will be here in the blink of an eye.

No comments:

Post a Comment